Join us on Saturday 5 December - Show your support for Cape Independence!
The people of the Western Cape have had enough of institutionalized corruption, incompetence and racism. Until we can choose our own government we will never be able to start solving our own problems. Change must start with us - Join us in marching for a better future for all the people of the Western Cape.
- Saturday, 5 December 2020
- Assembly at 09h45 for a 10h00 start
- From: Outside Cloetesville High School
- To: Die Braak park in Stellenbosch where we will be rallying to read out our letter of demand to local authorities
Parking and Transport
Cloetesville residents are requested to gather at the high school and can then use the free taxi shuttle back to Cloetesville after the march.
Marchers coming from other areas are requested to park in Stellenbosch centre and to take the free taxi shuttle from Die Braak (the grass park in the centre of Stellenbosch) to Cloetesville high school.
SAPS and local law enforcement officials will be accompanying the marchers along the entire route.
We will march from Cloetesville High School, along Curry St, Langstraat Suid, Adam Tas, Bird St, Mill St, and end up at Die Braak. We'll gather at Die Braak for a few words from the organisers and community leaders. We'll march to Plein Street - Municipal offices where a representative of the mayor will receive our petition. Return to Die Braak.
- Observe instructions given by police and marshals (marshals will be wearing white arm bands)
- Covid-19 - observe 1.5m social distancing and wear a mask
- No SA flags (old OR new) - let’s celebrate the Cape in every way possible (independence flags, WP, Stormers, Cobras or Ajax sports shirts, klopse colours etc)
- Organisations joining the march can use their own flags and placards
- Peaceful and respectful behavior please
- No alcohol or weapons
Click here to read the proposed petition.
Free bottled water will be available at Die Braak.
The Cape Independence Advocacy Group is organising the march on behalf of the Cloetesville community and the greater independence movement. A number of other organisations will be marching with us including Capexit, Cape Party, Freedom Front Plus, My independence and the Concerned Federalists. We have also invited the Cape Coloured Congress, the Sovereign State of Good Hope and all Western Cape citizens who believe a government elected by, and accountable to, the people of the Western Cape rather than the rest of South Africa, will provide a better future for us.
If you would like to make a financial contribution towards the cost of the march please click here
If you have any queries and would like to speak to us please click here
Thank you for joining us on the march and taking our destiny into our own hands. We hope that one day the Cloetesville march will be remembered in Cape of Good Hope history as the day when a nation was born in the hearts of the Cape people.